[Blackstudies-l] Chief Justice of Ghana, March 31, 2pm

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Mon Feb 22 11:14:19 EST 2010

Dear Africana/ Black Studies committee,

Geneseo has the distinct privilege of hosting the Chief Justice of the
Supreme Court of Ghana, Her Ladyship Georgina T. Wood.  She will
deliver the Roemer Lecture on Wednesday, March 31, 2:00-3:15 pm in the
College Union Ballroom.  You are cordially invited to attend the
lecture and reception that follows.

The first woman to serve as Ghana's highest ranking judge, Justice
Wood is a judicial reformer who is working to enhance the public's
trust in the courts and improve access to the justice system.  I'm
sure you'll find her talk on "The Dynamic of Law and Development in
Ghana: The Case for Judicial Reform in an Emergent Democracy" very
interesting.

This is a truly rare opportunity for the Geneseo campus community
which was facilitated by our Fulbright Scholar, Professor Eva Tagoe-
Darko.

I hope you'll be able to attend and that you'll help spread the word
about her visit.  A longer profile and photo are attached.

Emilye

crosby at geneseo.edu