[Blackstudies-l] PRESENTATION TODAY--: Hasan Kwame Jeffries, "Freedom Politics: From the Black Panthers to Barack Obama, " Feb. 25, 4pm

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Thu Feb 25 14:22:33 EST 2010

I wanted to let everyone know that Professor Jeffries is on campus and
his lecture is going forward.

I appreciate all the interest and I hope many people will be able to
attend, despite the ominous weather.

I look forward to see you later.
Emilye

Democracy Matters and the Africana/ Black Studies program invite the
campus community to a presentation by Hasan Kwame Jeffries on "Freedom
Politics: From the Black Panthers to Barack Obama," Feb. 25, 4pm in
the College Union Ballroom. The lecture and discussion will be
followed by a reception and book signing.

The presentation is based on Jeffries' newly published book, _Bloody
Lowndes: Civil Rights and Black Power in the Alabama Black Belt_, NYU
press, 2009. Jeffries is an Associate Professor of History at The Ohio
State University and holds a joint appointment with the Kirwan
Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity.

You can get more information on Jeffries and _Bloody Lowndes_ at:

http://bloodylowndes.fromthesquare.org/

This event is sponsored by Democracy Matters and the Africana/ Black
Studies program, with support from College Auxiliary Service (CAS) and
is partially funded by Mandatory Student Activity Fees.

For more information, contact Shanna Reulbach: smr18 at geneseo.edu or
Emilye Crosby: crosby at geneseo.edu.

crosby at geneseo.edu