[Blackstudies-l] Fwd: Extra Credit Film Event

Emilye Crosby Crosby at geneseo.edu
Fri Oct 1 16:22:10 EDT 2010

BMy name is Nina Schmidbaur and I am was able to attend the Human
Rights film festival in New York this summer and received a copy of a
film called Youth Producing Change (link to trailer), a film created
by “11 teen filmmakers from around the globe who, in turning the
camera on their own lives, invite audiences to experience the world as
they do: as a Kenyan teenager living in Africa's second largest slum;
a 15-year-old Palestinian refugee camp resident; a 15-year-old girl in
India forced to chose between feeding her family or getting an
education; or as a 14-year-old Afghan seeking asylum after his father
was killed by the Taliban.”

crosby at geneseo.edu