[Blackstudies-l] Africana/ Black Studies gathering and paper prizes

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Fri Apr 1 13:03:35 EDT 2011

Dear Africana/ Black Studies Community,

Cathy Adams has generously offered to host a gathering for the
Africana/ Black Studies community and our friends. We are still
working out some of the details, but the gathering is scheduled for
Saturday, April 30 at 4pm at Cathy's home in Geneseo.

We would also like to recognize the outstanding work our students are
doing and are offering paper prizes (unfortunately certificates only
at this point) for the Best Analytical Paper, Best Research Paper, and
Best Creative Writing. For consideration, papers and creative writing
should be submitted to Professor Justin Behrend, History Department,
by Monday, April 18, 4pm, and should include the attached cover sheet.