[Blackstudies-l] Displace Me!

Lauren Carlevaro laurenmc39 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 18:38:55 EST 2011

4 years ago, Invisible Children hosted an event called Displace Me. They
asked people to leave their homes and their comforts, and sleep outside for
one night to raise awareness about the displacement camps in Northern
Uganda. So, on April 28, 2007, more than 68,000 people in 15 cities across
the United States displaced themselves to raise awareness for the displaced.

This year, for the third year in a row, SUNY Geneseo Invisible Children is
holding our very own Displace Me event in the College Union Ballroom! We are
inviting everyone to come out for one night, build your very own
displacement hut out of cardboard (which you can then spend the night in!),
listen to awesome live performances, enjoy some free food, get a free
T-shirt (if you are one of the first 50 people there), and learn about the
conflict that is ravaging Eastern Africa. Please come to the College Union
Ballroom on February 26th at 10pm, and feel free to stay as long as 9:30am
the next morning! Hope to see you there!

--
Lauren Carlevaro
Secretary - Invisible Children Geneseo Chapter