[Blackstudies-l] Fwd: Africana/Black Studies Essay Competition and Picnic

adamsc adamsc at geneseo.edu
Mon Apr 9 10:34:44 EDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------

		SUBJECT:
 		Africana/Black
Studies Essay Competition and Picnic

		DATE:
 		04/09/2012
00:12

		FROM:
 		adamsc <adamsc at geneseo.edu>

		TO:

		<blackstudies-l-owner at geneseo.edu>

Dear Africana/ Black Studies
Community,

 I'm happy to announce our second annual Africana
Studies/Black studies end-of-the-year party and paper competition. The
picnic/party will be held the afternoon of Saturday, April 28 at my home
at 1 Northview Drive, Geneseo. Family, friends, and all Africana/ Black
Studies supporters are welcome. RSVP (with number in party) to me at
adamsc at geneseo.edu [1].

 We would also like to recognize the
outstanding work our students are doing, and so we are offering paper
prizes (unfortunately certificates only at this point) for the Best
Analytical Essay, Best Research Paper, and Best Creative Writing. For
consideration, papers and creative writing should be submitted to
Professor Justin Behrend, History Department, by Monday, April 20, 4pm,
and should include the attached cover sheet.

 Please share information
about the paper prizes with classes and through other networks.

And
look for more information soon about the gathering.

 Thank you,
 Cathy
Adams

Links: