[Blackstudies-l] Reminder - Africana/Black Studies Paper Awards and Picnic

adamsc adamsc at geneseo.edu
Wed Apr 18 22:09:37 EDT 2012

_Paper submissions extended to Monday, April 23._

Dear Africana/
Black Studies Community: Faculty, Staff, and Students

 I'm happy to
announce our second annual Africana Studies/Black studies
end-of-the-year party and paper competition. The picnic/party will be
held the afternoon of Saturday, April 28 at my home at 1 Northview
Drive, Geneseo. Family, friends, and all Africana/ Black Studies
supporters are welcome. RSVP (with number in party) to me at
adamsc at geneseo.edu [1].

 We would also like to recognize the
outstanding work our students are doing, and so we are offering paper
prizes (unfortunately certificates only at this point) for the Best
Analytical Essay, Best Research Paper, and Best Creative Writing. For
consideration, papers and creative writing should be submitted to
Professor Justin Behrend, History Department, by Monday, April 20, 4pm,
and should include the attached cover sheet.

 Please share information
about the paper prizes with classes and through other networks.

 Thank
you,
 Cathy Adams

Links: