[Blackstudies-l] Lecture: Prof. Stefanie Wichhart, Selling Democracy during the Second British Occupation of Iraq, 1941-5

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Thu Sep 13 08:32:25 EDT 2012

The Department of History is pleased to announce the first of four talks
in the 2012-3 Bill Gohlman Memorial Lecture Series in Global History.
On Monday, September 17, at 4pm, in Welles 121, Professor Stefanie
Wichhart (Geneseo class of 1997) will be giving a talk entitled "Selling
Democracy during the Second British Occupation of Iraq, 1941-1945".  Dr.
Wichhart is Assistant Professor of History at Niagara University and is
an expert on Egypt and the Middle East in the early 20th century.

In honor of Bill Gohlman's many contributions to the SUNY Geneseo
community, the Department of History will be hosting a series of
lectures in global history this year by several of Bill's former
students and friends of the College.  We invite you to join us for one
or more of these events as we celebrate Bill's work in building a global
curriculum at SUNY Geneseo.  These events will be hosted by the
Department of History, with additional support from the Department of
Political Science and the Africana/Black Studies Program.

crosby at geneseo.edu