[Blackstudies-l] King Commemoration, April 21, 2014

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Sat Jan 11 08:10:34 EST 2014

Geneseo's annual King Commemoration is scheduled for 7:30pm on April 21 in the Union Ballroom. As we approach the 50th Anniversary of the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Mississippi Freedom Summer, we will be hosting a panel of activists Dorie Ladner, Charlie Cobb, and Charles McLaurin, who were all deeply involved in the Mississippi movement. Ladner and McLaurin are native Mississippians and Cobb arrived in Miss. in summer 1962 and worked there for the next five years. All three were involved in the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee or SNCC's very early and important voter registration work that laid the basis for the 1964 Freedom Summer Project.

(585) 245-5375 (office)
crosby at geneseo.edu