[Blackstudies-l] “Lessons from Imoinda: Black British Writing at the (21st C) Margins” in Doty 300 (Tower Room) on Wednesday, October 22 at 2:15pm

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Wed Oct 22 08:18:59 EDT 2014

Notice that we're starting a bit later to accommodate students who have to
get out of class  :)

Writer and Professor of Caribbean Literatures and Cultures Joan Anim-Addo
will lecture on “Lessons from *Imoinda*: Black British Writing at the (21st
C) Margins” in Doty 300 (Tower Room) on Wednesday, October 22 at 2:00 p.m.

​​At Goldsmiths, University of London <http://www.gold.ac.uk/>,  Professor
Anim-Addo has been the Director of the Centre for Caribbean Studies
<http://www.gold.ac.uk/caribbean> since 1998. Her publications include the
libretto* Imoinda* (2008); the poetry collections *Haunted by History
(1998) and  Janie Cricketing Lady* (2006); and the literary history *Touching
the Body: History, Language and African-Caribbean Women’s Writing * (2007).
Her co-edited books include *Interculturality and Gender *(2009), *
Caribbean-Scottish Relations: Colonial and Contemporary Inscriptions in
History, Language and Literature* (2007), and *I am Black, White, Yellow:
An Introduction to the Black Body in Europe* (2007). She is co-editor of
two *Feminist Review* Special Issues, ‘Affect and Creolisation’ (2013) and
‘Black British Feminisms’ (2014).

​
 joan poster october 2014.docx
<https://docs.google.com/a/geneseo.edu/file/d/0B94JKKNL8rNmTzRZNVlsamhaZGh6N1dKNFZiMlBweDR1N1A0/edit?usp=drive_web>