[Blackstudies-l] Immigrant stories with Edwidge Danticat, Etana and others

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Tue Feb 24 06:44:50 EST 2015

   lisaparavisini posted: " February 24: Immigrant stories with Edwidge
Danticat, Etana and others NPR host Michel Martin leads a live, on-stage
dialogue with a variety of artists who spotlight their own, deeply personal
experiences with immigration and diaspora. Panelists"    Respond to this
post by replying above this line
      New post on *Repeating Islands*
<http://repeatingislands.com/author/lisaparavisini/>  February 24:
Immigrant stories with Edwidge Danticat, Etana and others
<http://repeatingislands.com/2015/02/23/february-24-immigrant-stories-with-edwidge-danticat-etana-and-others/>

[image: illegal-immigrants]
<https://repeatingislands.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/illegal-immigrants.jpg>

*February 24: Immigrant stories with Edwidge Danticat, Etana and others*

NPR host Michel Martin leads a live, on-stage dialogue with a variety of
artists who spotlight their own, deeply personal experiences with
immigration and diaspora.

Panelists:

   - ‘Orange is the New Black’ actress Diane Guerrero
   - Award-winning, Haitian-American author Edwidge Danticat
   - Richard Blanco, the first Latino, the first immigrant, the youngest
   and the first openly gay person to become a U.S. inaugural poet
   - Jamaican reggae musician Etana
   - NPR Alt.Latino co-hosts Jasmine Garsd and Felix Contreras

Tuesday February 24, 2015, 7 pm

Koubek Center at Miami Dade College

2705 SW Third Street

Miami, Florida 33135

Article at
http://www.southflorida.com/sf-michel-martin-danticat-blanco-miami-20150223,0,2143238.story

NPR announcement at
http://www.npr.org/blogs/presents/2015/01/14/375642213/npr-presents-michel-martin-long-way-home

Tickets at https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pe.c/9976375

*Our thanks to Peter Jordens for bringing this item to our attention.*
February 23, 2015 at 11:50 pm | Categories: News
<http://repeatingislands.com/?cat=103> | URL: http://wp.me/psnTa-kCO

 Comment
<http://repeatingislands.com/2015/02/23/february-24-immigrant-stories-with-edwidge-danticat-etana-and-others/#respond>
   See all comments