[Blackstudies-l] FREE Film "They Are We" at the Riviera Theater, Thursday October 22nd at 7pm

Melanie Medeiros medeiros at geneseo.edu
Wed Oct 14 08:52:12 EDT 2015

*The Alan Lutkus International Film Series, Geneseo Consortium on Latin
American Studies (GCLAS) and Cultural Harmony Week present the film "They
Are We," at the Riviera Theater, Thursday, October 22nd at 7pm.*

This dynamic documentary film travels from Cuba to Sierra Leone to tell the
story of a family lineage separated for 170 years by the transatlantic
slave trade, and reunited by a shared legacy of song and dance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJgzD7TPATY
This film will be presented by Dr. Ryan Jones from the Department of
History.

Melanie A. Medeiros, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology