[Blackstudies-l] Dr. Etta Hollins, University of Missouri, Kansas City

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Sat Apr 2 10:56:49 EDT 2016

Please tell your students and advisees.

Greetings from the Xerox Center for Multicultural Teacher Education,

I am thrilled to announce our event on April 13th, 2016 which features
"Teaching in the 21st Century" with multiculturalist and scholar Dr. Etta
Hollins. Dr. Hollins holds the Ewing Marion Kaufmann Endowed Chair for
Urban Teacher Education at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and will
be leading a series of seminars on our campus. Her discussions will include
new opportunities and challenges for individuals committed to the education
of the next generation. Currently demographic shifts in the nation's
population has increased the numbers of underserved students and Dr.
Hollins can help us better learn how to support these groups.

Please see the attached flier. We will also be by to distribute posters to
your offices by the end of the week on behalf of Dean Sikka from the School
of Education, Student Life, Alumni Relations, and the Xerox Center.  If you
have any questions, please feel to e-mail me.

Thanks,

Susan

Susan Norman
SUNY Geneseo, School of Education, Xerox Center
Director of Multicultural Teacher Education