[Blackstudies-l] #Beyonce #Formation #BlackLivesMatter: Why the controversy?

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Sun Apr 3 05:23:41 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Damiani <damiani at geneseo.edu>
Date: Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Subject: #Beyonce #Formation #BlackLivesMatter: Why the controversy?
To: Maria Lima <lima at geneseo.edu>

Dr. Lima -

I hope this message finds you well. It was brought to my attention that you
oversee the Black Studies program and that you and your students may be
interested in this event. Please feel free to share and we hope to see you
there, if you have any questions please let me know - thank you!
----
Greetings from the Xerox Center for Multicultural Teacher Education!

We're excited to invite you to our next seminar on *Wednesday, April 6th at
2:30 *in *Welles Hall 123 *titled "#Beyonce #Formation #BlackLivesMatter:
Why the controversy?" led by Dr. Crystal Simmons, Assistant Professor in
the School of Education at SUNY Geneseo.

Dr. Simmons will address the following questions: What is the the Black
Lives Matter movement? How and why does it exist? How does an understanding
of this movement translate into the classroom?

*Register for the free event* here
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/beyonce-formation-blacklivesmatter-why-the-controversy-tickets-24319932573?aff=affiliate1>-
we look forward to learning with you at this innovative seminar. If you
have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Registration Link:
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/beyonce-formation-blacklivesmatter-why-the-controversy-tickets-24319932573?aff=affiliate1

Best,
*Nico J. Damiani '15*
Graduate Assistant
*Xerox Center for Multicultural Education*
*School of Education -- SUNY Geneseo*
P: (585) 245 - 5261
E: damiani at geneseo.edu