[Blackstudies-l] Sign up: Racial Justice Workshop

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Tue Apr 5 15:19:04 EDT 2016

[image: Metro Justice]
<http://www.metrojustice.org/?e=1c322c51d1e10fe4a4539bf40563dccf3545a3c6&utm_source=metrojustice&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rjworkshop416&n=1>

Maria --

Understading the ways that structural racism permeates our society is
critical to our fight for socail and economic justice. To build a just
society, we must learn about racial injustice, racism and their impact on
all of us. In this workshop we will explore the history and continuity of
racism in the United States as well as our own hidden biases. We will learn
what we can do to increase equity in our community.

*Metro Justice Presents: A Racial Justice Workshop*

WHERE: School Without Walls, 480 Broadway
WHEN: Saturday, April 16th 9am-3pm
RSVP: Contact Pat Mannix at girafepm at aol.com or 585-469-8249
COST: $10 to cover lunch costs.
*You must pre-register to attend!*

Comments from a past participant: I was initially hesitant to give a
Saturday to attend, and yet I found the workshop entirely worth the time.
The six hours flew by with a combination of pairs, small group, and large
group discussion. The facilitators created a respectful space for
participants to ask and answer hard questions about racism, whether
personal or structural.

Metro Justice
http://www.metrojustice.org/
<http://www.metrojustice.org/?e=1c322c51d1e10fe4a4539bf40563dccf3545a3c6&utm_source=metrojustice&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rjworkshop416&n=2>

Metro Justice · 803 West Ave, Suite 370, Rochester, NY 14611, United States
This email was sent to lima at geneseo.edu. To stop receiving emails, click
here
<http://www.metrojustice.org/unsubscribe?e=1c322c51d1e10fe4a4539bf40563dccf3545a3c6&utm_source=metrojustice&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rjworkshop416&n=3>.

You can also keep up with Metro Justice on Twitter
<http://www.metrojustice.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMetroJustice&e=1c322c51d1e10fe4a4539bf40563dccf3545a3c6&utm_source=metrojustice&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rjworkshop416&n=4>
or Facebook
<http://www.metrojustice.org/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMetroJusticeROC%2F&e=1c322c51d1e10fe4a4539bf40563dccf3545a3c6&utm_source=metrojustice&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rjworkshop416&n=5>.

Created with NationBuilder
<http://www.metrojustice.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnationbuilder.com&e=1c322c51d1e10fe4a4539bf40563dccf3545a3c6&utm_source=metrojustice&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rjworkshop416&n=6>,
software for leaders.