[Blackstudies-l] Screening of Neshoba

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Wed Apr 6 09:46:29 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Katelyn Tzavelis <kmt15 at geneseo.edu>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:20 AM
Subject: re: Screening of Neshoba
To: Maria Lima <lima at geneseo.edu>

Hello,

My name is Katelyn Tzavelis and I am the student leader for our Voter
Registration and Engagement task force at SUNY Geneseo. As part of our
efforts for voter engagement we are hosting an event on *April 14th* at* 7
PM* in *Newton 204*. We will be screening *Neshoba* a film about the three
civil rights activists who go missing in Mississippi in 1964, James Chaney,
Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner. This film will highlight the ongoing
effort to bring Edgar Ray Killen to trial a second time.  At this event we
will also provide voter registration forms and refreshments.

We thought that this film would be of interest to the students and faculty
in your department and would like to invite you to this event.

We are excited to host this event that is sponsored by the Center of
Community and the Voter Registration and Engagement Task Force and look
forward to seeing you there.

If you have any questions please contact me at kmt15 at geneseo.edu or Sarah
Jane Phillips at sjp10 at geneseo.edu.

Thank you,