[Blackstudies-l] “Moonlight” and “I Am Not Your Negro”: LAFCA Winners

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Sat Dec 10 08:26:18 EST 2016

ivetteromero posted: " Our warmest congratulations to Raoul Peck (Haiti),
whose film I Am Not Your Negro won first place for Best Documentary /
Non-fiction Film at the 42nd Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards
(LAFCA). Note that the Best Director winner Barry Jenkins,"
[image: peck-141_346350039062662_5448782579371163879_n]
New post on *Repeating Islands*
<http://repeatingislands.com/author/ivetteromero/> “Moonlight” and “I Am
Not Your Negro”: LAFCA Winners
<http://repeatingislands.com/2016/12/10/moonlight-and-i-am-not-your-negro-lafca-winners/>

Our warmest congratulations to Raoul Peck (Haiti), whose film *I Am Not
Your Negro* won first place for Best Documentary / Non-fiction Film at the
42nd Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards (LAFCA).

[image: moonlight-al_]Note that the Best Director winner Barry Jenkins,
whose film *Moonlight* also won as Best Picture, is also from the Caribbean
region. Born and raised in Miami, Florida, Jenkins studied film at Florida
State University in Tallahassee. His broadly acclaimed *Moonlight* was shot
in Miami. *Moonlight’s* James Laxton and Mahershala Ali won for Best
Cinematography and Best Supporting Actor, respectively.

See http://www.lafca.net/years/2016.html
*ivetteromero <http://repeatingislands.com/author/ivetteromero/>* |
December 10, 2016 at 1:37 am | Tags: Barry Jenkins
<http://repeatingislands.com/tag/barry-jenkins/>, I Am Not Your Negro
<http://repeatingislands.com/tag/i-am-not-your-negro/>, LAFCA
<http://repeatingislands.com/tag/lafca/>, Moonlight
<http://repeatingislands.com/tag/moonlight/>, Raoul Peck