[Blackstudies-l] Caribbean Conferences: Mid-September 2016 – June 2017

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Tue Sep 13 09:07:34 EDT 2016

lisaparavisini posted: " Our thanks, as always, to Peter Jordens for
compiling this update on upcoming conferences for our readers. The
abbreviated list is below. To download the full list, which covers the
period ending in June 2017 and contains additional information about th"
<http://repeatingislands.com/author/lisaparavisini/> Caribbean Conferences:
Mid-September 2016 – June 2017
<http://repeatingislands.com/2016/09/12/caribbean-conferences-mid-september-2016-june-2017/>

[image: peanuts-snoopy-cartoon-background-android.jpg]

*Our thanks, as always, to Peter Jordens for compiling this update on
upcoming conferences for our readers. The abbreviated list is below. To
download the full list, which covers the period ending in June 2017 and
contains additional information about the conferences listed click
here: caribbean-conferences-2016-mid-september
<https://repeatingislands.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/caribbean-conferences-2016-mid-september.pdf>*

*Caribbean Conferences for September 14 – October 12, 2016 only*

*September 14-16, 2016. Cartagena de Indias, Colombia*

*Symposium: “Memory, Word and Culture: Narratives of Cultural
Representation”*

Webpage http://www.unicartagena.edu.co/index.php/eventos-
institucionales/item/1947-seminario-internacional-palabra-cultura-y-memoria

*September 22-23, 2016. Cave Hill, Barbados*

*Marijuana Symposium: “Marijuana: Perpetual Problem of Potential
Problem-Solver for Barbados”*

Webpages http://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/News-Events/Events/?id=1061, and
http://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/fss/gssw/news-notices/the-fss-
marijuana-symposium-call-for-papers.aspx

*September 29 – October 2, 2016. Cave Hill, Barbados*

*Caribbean Sport Conference: “The Game Changer: Professionalise and
Transform”*

Webpages http://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/sport/conference and
http://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/News-Events/Events/?id=1064

*October 4-7, 2016. Georgetown, Guyana *

*13th Annual CANQATE Conference: “Sustaining a Culture of Quality Assurance
in Tertiary Education for National and Regional Development”*

Website http://www.canqate.org and webpage http://nac.gov.gy/index.php/
canqate-conference

*October 6-7, 2016. L**a Habana, Cuba*

*2nd International Conference on Economics, Accounting and Business
Administration: “Sustainable Development: Local and Global Perspective”*

Website http://congresoeconomia.uh.cu

*October 6-8, 2016. Montego Bay, Jamaica*

*35th Annual West Indian Literature Conference: “Archiving Caribbean
Literatures and Popular Culture”*

Webpage https://caribbean.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2016/02/15/west-
indian-literature-conference-cfp

*October 9-11, 2016. George Town, Cayman Islands*

*27th Annual General Meeting and Conference of MAC: “The Essential Museum –
Redefining the Role of the Cultural and Heritage Sector for 21st Century
Audiences”*

Website http://www.caribbeanmuseums.com, Facebook page: caribbeanmuseums

*October 10-12, 2016. Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines*

*3rd International Garifuna Conference: “The Garifuna Diaspora: Yurumein
and St. Vincent and the Grenadines - Retrieval, Inclusion, and Reparations”*

Webpage http://www.open.uwi.edu/events/call-papers-3rd-
international-garifuna-conference-uwi-open-campus-stvincent-and-grenadines
September 12, 2016 at 11:57 pm | Categories: News
<http://repeatingislands.com/?cat=103> | URL: http://wp.me/psnTa-qQm

Comment
<http://repeatingislands.com/2016/09/12/caribbean-conferences-mid-september-2016-june-2017/#respond>
   See all comments