[Blackstudies-l] call for classes, AY 2017-2018

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Tue Sep 20 12:30:29 EDT 2016

Dear Black Studies faculty,

Please email me if you are interested in teaching a Black Studies course in the 2017-18 academic year. We have buy-out money for two courses, preferably one each Fall and Spring.

There are two existing courses—an Introduction to Black Studies and the slot course Black Lives Matter: subtitle—or you can design a course within the framework of Black Studies. We are most interested in courses that would have broad appeal and be aimed at the 100- to 200-level (though I understand there is some shifting going on in terms of course-level).

If you have an idea or are interested in one of the existing courses, please let me know. Some departments are making plans for next year’s teaching schedule so we will need to make decisions soon.

Thanks,
Emilye

Emilye Crosby
Professor of History