[Blackstudies-l] New Summer Session I Online Course: Ethnography of Latin America and the Caribbean

Melanie Medeiros medeiros at geneseo.edu
Tue Apr 11 15:40:06 EDT 2017

New Summer Session I Online Course: ANTH 226 M/ Ethnography of Latin
America and the Caribbean

ANTH 226 fulfills the Multicultural Core requirement, as well as can be
used as an elective for Anthropology major/minors and Latin American
Studies minors. This course takes an anthropological approach to the study
of Latin America and the Caribbean. Through reading assignments and films,
the course explores the people and culture of the region, and takes an
in-depth ethnographic approach to study contemporary regional themes and
issues, such as: race and racism, ethnicity and identity, gender and
sexuality, globalization, urbanization, tourism, indigenous rights and the
environment, human and civil rights, migration and immigration.

Feel free to email Dr. Medeiros (medeiros at geneseo.edu) with any questions
or if you'd like to see a copy of the syllabus.

Melanie A. Medeiros, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology
SUNY Geneseo