[Blackstudies-l] Congratulations to Black Studies Paper Prize Winners

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Sun Apr 30 16:13:25 EDT 2017

Dear Black Studies Community,

I am pleased to announce the winners of the Black Studies Paper Prizes for 2017. Please join me in congratulating them!

Black Studies prizes 2017
Chloe Forsell, Black Studies Award for Best Creative Writing for

“An (Abridged) Anthology of Blackness in Nature,” written for Engl 431: Renewable Futures.

Stella Oduro, Black Studies Award for Best Research Paper for

             Geneseo’s Diversity Efforts and Its Missing Link,” written for Anth 399: Data Collection, Analysis, and Ethnographic Writing.

Sean Welch, Black Studies Award for Best Analytical Paper for

            “Stars, Slaughter, and Hope,” written for Engl 342: World Literature.

This year we have a special prize for collaboration.

Jeanmarie Ryan, Brendan Mahoney, Sara Feinland, and Malachy Dempsey, Special Award for Collaboration for

            “The War on the War on Drugs: Its Policies, Its Flaws, and Its Solutions,”

            written for Honr 207: The Politics and Morality of Mass Incarceration.

Professor of English, Maria Lima, will present the awards on Wed., May 3, 1:30 in the Harding Lounge.

Emilye Crosby
Professor of History
Coordinator of Black Studies
crosby at geneseo.edu