[Blackstudies-l] September Events--Heather Thompson, Attica, Mass Incarceration, and Panel on Organizing

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Thu Jul 27 09:58:52 EDT 2017

Dear Campus Community,

The History Department and Black Studies Program are co-sponsoring a number of events in September addressing the Attica Uprising and Mass Incarceration. These include a talk by Pulitzer Prize winning historian Heather Thompson and a panel on Attica composed of local people with close connections to the event and its aftermath. I’m attaching a complete list of events.

History and Black Studies are also sponsoring a talk by Betty Garman Robinson and Dominic Moulden, long time organizers, titled: “Building Leadership for Transformative Community Change.”

I’m attaching more information about all these events. We hope you will join us and hope faculty will consider putting them on your syllabi.

thanks,
Emilye

Emilye Crosby
Professor of History