[Blackstudies-l] Mezclar: An Exhibit on Chicana Identity

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Mon Mar 6 08:11:13 EST 2017

Hello all,

Kayak Rose Pilsner-Lopez, who is an Africana Studies minor, has an art exhibit on display this week. For more information about the exhibit and opening tonight (Monday!), see her note below:

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well! I am e-mailing you to invite you to my art exhibit
*Mezclar: An Exhibit on Chicana Identity* at the Kinetic Gallery this week.
The opening night will be on Monday (March 6th) at 8PM.
However, feel free to drop by any time the
gallery is open! The exhibit will be exploring the mix of my European and
Mexican ancestry and how both my biological and adoptive family have
influenced the formation of my Chicana identity.

There will be food, music, and celebration! I hope to see you there!

* supported by GCAB & mandatory student activity fees *

-Kiaya Rose
Emilye Crosby
Professor of History
Coordinator of Black Studies