[Blackstudies-l] Call for Submissions: Encyclopedia of Cuban Cinema

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Wed May 10 09:42:56 EDT 2017

ivetteromero posted: " Drs. Salvador Murguia and Sean O’reilly (Akita
International University) extend a Call for Contributors for the
Encyclopedia of Cuban Cinema Film: Description/Guidelines: This volume
takes up the topic of Cuban Cinema from its early days of film produc"
<http://repeatingislands.com/author/ivetteromero/> Call for Submissions:
Encyclopedia of Cuban Cinema
<http://repeatingislands.com/2017/05/10/call-for-submissions-encyclopedia-of-cuban-cinema/>

*[image: cuba-film]*

*Drs. Salvador Murguia and Sean O’reilly (Akita International University)
extend a Call for Contributors for the Encyclopedia of Cuban Cinema Film:*

*Description/Guidelines*: This volume takes up the topic of Cuban Cinema
from its early days of film production to the present. Covering over 300
entries that include films, producers, directors, actresses, actors, genres
and critical interpretations, the breadth and depth of this volume will
generate some highly significant material for both academics, as well as
general audiences. The first of its kind—indeed there are no other
encyclopedias that cover this topic anywhere on the market—*The
Encyclopedia of Cuban Cinema *is a timely pop cultural companion to the
ever-growing field of critical film studies.

This volume is under contract with Rowman and Littlefield and is
anticipated to go into press 2019. In this way, we will be encouraging
relatively quick turn-arounds.

If you're interested in contributing, please send me an email with the
subject line “Cuban Cinema,” and we’ll forward the list of entries (it is
not a comprehensive list and we’ll be open to further suggestions). Entries
will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.

In addition we’re asking that you provide a brief curriculum vitae or
summary of your educational background and/or writing experience. As we
would like to cast the net wide in attracting authors from a variety of
disciplines and professions, advanced graduate students and junior faculty
are particularly welcome to contribute.

At the moment we are two volume editors (Salvador Jiménez Murguia and Sean
O’reilly) but will be welcoming a third editor with a specialization in
Cuban media shortly. Until we have confirmed those details, please direct
all inquiries to Dr. Sean O’reilly at the following email address:
seanoreilly at aiu.ac.jp.
*ivetteromero <http://repeatingislands.com/author/ivetteromero/>* | May 10,
2017 at 8:48 am | Tags: Call for Submissions
<http://repeatingislands.com/tag/call-for-submissions/>, Cuba
<http://repeatingislands.com/tag/cuba/>, Cuban cinema
<http://repeatingislands.com/tag/cuban-cinema/>, Encyclopedia of Cuban
Cinema <http://repeatingislands.com/tag/encyclopedia-of-cuban-cinema/> |