[Blackstudies-l] Rochester-Haiti Networking Event, THIS Friday May 12, 6pm

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Thu May 11 03:10:15 EDT 2017

From: Sarah Brownell <sabeie at rit.edu>
Date: Monday, May 8, 2017 at 3:34 PM
Subject: Reminder: Rochester-Haiti Networking Event, THIS Friday May 12, 6pm

Just sending out a reminder…agenda linked here
<http://www.rocla.us/rlist/mail.cgi/r/ROCLA/265579732652/lima/geneseo.edu/>!
Please share with anyone local working in Haiti.  Please also add your
organization’s info to the google doc below.

We’ve had one person volunteer to make some Haitian food and I will try to
make pikles and banan frit.  St. Joe’s will provide other (non-Haitian)
dinner items.  Looking forward to meeting you all!  Kenbe fem pa lage!

[image:
http://www.haitian-truth.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/12703012-haiti-flag-in-heart-shape-isolated-on-white-background.jpg]*Greater
Rochester *

*Haiti Networking Event*

Friday, May 12, 2017

6-8pm

St. Joseph’s House of Hospitality

402 South Avenue, Rochester

*Rochester-Haiti Connections: * So many local Rochester groups collaborate
with groups in Haiti!  We might be able to share resources, facilitate
networking and communication, provide advice or consultation in our group’s
specialties, or co-host events such as speakers, discussions or Kreyol
lessons.  When I lived in Haiti I was part of a similar group called the
Cap Haitien Health Network, which serves as an inspiration for setting up
something here in Rochester.

*Networking:*  Please join us for this Rochester-Haiti networking event
(and an early celebration of Fèt Drapo) on May 12 to learn about the
projects other groups are working on!  We’ll provide some food--maybe even
some Haitian food--and some space and time for representatives of local
groups working in Haiti to share about their programs.

*Information:*  Please RSVP to sabeie at rit.edu if your group can send a
representative.  Whether you can come or not, please add your groups’ info
to this Google Doc so we can collect all the local groups who work in
Haiti:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m800_-
BPNCkcHgMEGPgrAlm-vKL8Jm-9Dc23399aiRc/edit?usp=sharing
<http://www.rocla.us/rlist/mail.cgi/r/ROCLA/231866234340/lima/geneseo.edu/>

*Please share* this event with others who work in Haiti,

*We hope that you can join us* and bring your favorite Haitian proverb!
“Yon sèl dwèt pa ka mange kalalou.” (You can’t eat okra with one finger.)

Mèsi,

Sarah Brownell (sabeie at rit.edu)

http://rocla.us
<http://www.rocla.us/rlist/mail.cgi/r/ROCLA/149057004978/lima/geneseo.edu/>
Please add info at rocla.us to your address book.

* Subscription Reminder:* You're Subscribed to: * ROCLA
<http://www.rocla.us/rlist/mail.cgi/list/ROCLA/> * using the address: *
lima at geneseo.edu <lima at geneseo.edu> *

From: * info at rocla.us <info at rocla.us> *
ROCLA