[Blackstudies-l] Guadeloupe supports publishing of new Trinidad art book

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Sun Nov 12 10:33:50 EST 2017

lisaparavisini posted: " A report from Trinidad's Guardian. Trinidad and
Tobago illustrated art book imprint, Robert & Christopher Publishers (R&C)
is delighted to announce a publishing partnership with Guadeloupe arts
organisation, Kaera, towards the publishing and di"
<http://repeatingislands.com/author/lisaparavisini/> Guadeloupe supports
publishing of new Trinidad art book
<http://repeatingislands.com/2017/11/11/guadeloupe-supports-publishing-of-new-trinidad-art-book/>

[image: Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 12.10.32 AM.png]

A report from Trinidad's *Guardian*.
<http://guardian.co.tt/lifestyle/2017-11-09/guadeloupe-supports-publishing-new-trinidad-art-book>

Trinidad and Tobago illustrated art book imprint, Robert & Christopher
Publishers (R&C) is delighted to announce a publishing partnership with
Guadeloupe arts organisation, Kaera, towards the publishing and
distribution of the forthcoming book, A to Z of Caribbean Art.

With over 40 T&T visual artists represented, A to Z of Caribbean Art – a
comprehensive, visual overview of Caribbean art, from the beginning of the
20th century to now – will be Robert & Christopher Publishers’ sixth title.

R&C is currently working towards a Trinidad launch of A to Z at Bocas Lit
Fest in late April 2018.

Shell T&T Limited has made a financial contribution that has been applied
to the research and writing phases of the book. R&C has also raised funds
through a crowdfunding campaign.

While Kaera’s contribution will cover part of the cost of printing the
book, R&C is still actively fundraising to cover the balance of costs
needed to produce a book of this calibre.

Robert & Christopher Publishers is telling a Caribbean story through the A
to Z of Caribbean Art – one of a shared past, connected cultural identities
and unfolding selfhood, a release said. The strength of this publication
comes from the links they are forming by collaborating with writers,
editors, curators, artists and institutions here at home and throughout the
region.

“We are particularly grateful for Kaera’s support because R&C has been
trying, without success, to gain the support of our own local government,”
explain Robert & Christopher co-editors, Melanie Archer and Mariel Brown.
“We have completed a number of applications for funding; none of these has
been successful to this point, but we currently have an application in with
the Ministry of Community Development, Culture and the Arts. We’re hoping
that, like the French government, our own government is able to see the
importance of contributing to this seminal project and helping to ensure
increased visibility – both within the Caribbean and internationally – and
posterity for T&T artists.”

Kaera is a Guadeloupe-based organisation that promotes artistic achievement
in digital or traditional form. Kaera works collaboratively to create and
curate art-centred events that will bring greater recognition of
Guadeloupean artists.

“We believe that collaboration between the Caribbean islands can only
strengthen and enhance our international profile, as well as enrich the
practice of participating artists. This spirit of collaboration makes us
happy to participate in publishing A to Z of Caribbean Art,” says Kaera
director Hélène Dabriou.
November 11, 2017 at 12:11 am | Categories: News
<http://repeatingislands.com/category/news/> | URL: https://wp.me/psnTa-yFp

Comment
<http://repeatingislands.com/2017/11/11/guadeloupe-supports-publishing-of-new-trinidad-art-book/#respond>
   See all comments