[Blackstudies-l] Fwd: Great Schools are Diverse Schools - An evening with Nikole Hannah-Jones Tickets, Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:00 PM | Eventbrite

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Sat Oct 21 15:31:05 EDT 2017

Hello all,

There’s an upcoming event in Rochester that may be of interest. Nikole Hannah-Jones has done excellent work documentation and explaining historic and contemporary patterns of school and housing segregation and inequality. She was recently awarded a MacArthur Genius Award.

She will be speaking in Rochester this Thursday, Oct. 26th. There’s a description of her talk below. It’s free, but you should sign up for tickets.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/great-schools-are-diverse-schools-an-evening-with-nikole-hannah-jones-tickets-36686680850

Please join us for a community event with Nikole Hannah-Jones, a nationally recognized investigative journalist who covers modern civil rights for The New York Times Magazine. This event continues the important community conversation on how we can dramatically restructure education in our community so it works for all students. Hannah-Jones provides a compelling case for school diversity, and has decades of experience studying segregation in education to back it up.

Emilye Crosby
Professor of History
Coordinator of Black Studies
crosby at geneseo.edu