[Blackstudies-l] Exhibition, April 4-13: by Ryan Carpenter on the de jure basis of housing segregation--with a case study of Rochester

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Mon Apr 2 14:03:54 EDT 2018

Dear Black Studies Community,

I am pleased to announce:
An exhibition by senior biology major, Ryan Carpenter,

entitled, “Harmonious Neighborhoods”: The veils of Government-Mandated de Jure Segregation--A Case Study of Rochester, New York

 April 4-13th, the Bridge Gallery

Statement by Ryan Carpenter: Within this exhibit, I want to show people how the government created segregation, using the city of Rochester as an example. The segregation that took place was not solely from private decisions, it was not de facto.  Government sponsored, de jure, segregation existed not only in Rochester, but in all of America’s metropolises.

Please spread the word. I hope to have posters soon.

Emilye Crosby
Professor of History
Coordinator of Black Studies
crosby at geneseo.edu