[Blackstudies-l] Ongoing and upcoming events, and Black Studies courses

Emilye Crosby crosby at geneseo.edu
Mon Apr 9 08:40:36 EDT 2018

Dear Black Studies community,

Below is a list of current and upcoming events/ exhibition/ course information with posters available at this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13xwgIoXh95ROmKsxRLeiQLKXUrzzwh_Z?usp=sharing

1. An exhibition by senior biology major, Ryan Carpenter, entitled, “Harmonious Neighborhoods”: The veils of Government-Mandated de Jure Segregation--A Case Study of Rochester, New York, April 4-13th, the Bridge Gallery in Brodie.

2. Professor in the Program of Dance, and Professor of Afro-American Studies, Women's Studies, and Theater Studies, at Duke,Thomas DeFrantz will present on April 19, 2:30 in the Hunt Room.

3. Look for our presence on GREAT Day, including a session by students in the Fall 2017 Black Studies course on Black Cinema.

4. Seats remain in our two BLKS188 courses:
	"Afro-Futurism” and “Race, Racism, and Health” (The latter is currently full but more seats will be released.)
	Interested in Black Studies, we also draw on a variety of courses offered by other departments. You can find this information here:
https://www.geneseo.edu/abs/new-classes <https://www.geneseo.edu/abs/new-classes>

and check out our website: https://www.geneseo.edu/abs <https://www.geneseo.edu/abs>

6. A student considering an Africana Studies minor or Black Studies major, contact me at crosby at geneseo.edu.

Please spread the word!