[Blackstudies-l] Summer course: ANTH 120: S/Language and Culture

Jennifer Guzman guzman at geneseo.edu
Mon Apr 9 16:58:55 EDT 2018

*Looking for an online summer course to fulfill a social science
requirement? Interested in language, culture, or linguistics? *

*Enroll in Summer Session 1: ANTH 120: S/Language and Culture*

Does language shape the way we think? How do children learn language? What
does the way we speak reveal about where we are from? What role does
language play in race & racism, gender, and class dynamics? How is language
related to power in contemporary society? Is English under threat in the
U.S.? Find out the answers to these and other questions in ANTH 120
Language and Culture. The writing assignments for the course explore
students' language heritage, culture, and interests.

ANTH 120 fulfills the *social science* general education requirement and
course requirements/electives in *anthropology, communication, and
linguistics*.

This is the first required course for the *Interdisciplinary Minor in
Linguistics* <http://www.geneseo.edu/linguistics>.

--
Jennifer R. Guzmán, PhD
Pronouns <https://www.mypronouns.org/>: she/her/hers