[Blackstudies-l] 10 Contemporary Afro-Latino Authors to Know

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Thu Feb 8 04:57:06 EST 2018

ivetteromero posted: " [Many thanks to David Labiosa for sharing this
item.] Latino Book Review brings us a list and descriptions of ten
contemporary Afro-Latino authors everyone should know in honor of Black
History Month. The list of contemporary authors they put together i"
<http://repeatingislands.com/author/ivetteromero/> 10 Contemporary
Afro-Latino Authors to Know
<http://repeatingislands.com/2018/02/07/10-contemporary-afro-latino-authors-to-know/>

[image: afrolat3]

[Many thanks to David Labiosa for sharing this item.] *Latino Book Review
<https://www.latinobookreview.com/10-contemporary-afro-latino-authors-to-know--latino-book-review.html>*
brings us a list and descriptions of ten contemporary Afro-Latino authors
everyone should know in honor of Black History Month. The list of
contemporary authors they put together is meant to spark discourses about
identity and to commemorate “how Afro-Latino writers are passionate in
capturing the essence of their individual experiences through literature,
all while being part of a larger narrative that proves there is no singular
experience for Latinos.”

The article highlights list Elizabeth Acevedo, Veronica Chambers, Luz
Argentina Chiriboga, Junot Díaz, Quince Duncan, Tato Laviera, Paulo Lins,
Dahlma Llanos, Willie Perdomo, and Mayra Santos-Febres.

*Latino Book Review
<https://www.latinobookreview.com/10-contemporary-afro-latino-authors-to-know--latino-book-review.html>
*writes, “We celebrate the diversity of cultural traditions, recollections,
and histories that intersect with our identities as a community. That means
creating a space that is inclusive of our divergent voices and exploring
how our legacies are being illustrated.”

Go to https://www.latinobookreview.com/10-contemporary-afro-
latino-authors-to-know--latino-book-review.html for full article.
*ivetteromero <http://repeatingislands.com/author/ivetteromero/>* |
February 7, 2018 at 11:09 pm | Tags: 10 Contemporary Afro-Latino Authors to
Know
<http://repeatingislands.com/tag/10-contemporary-afro-latino-authors-to-know/>
| Categories: Literature <http://repeatingislands.com/category/literature/>,
News <http://repeatingislands.com/category/news/> | URL: