[Blackstudies-l] Call for Submissions: sx archipelagos issue on “Slavery in the Machine”

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Mon Mar 12 14:41:49 EDT 2018

ivetteromero posted: " sx archipelagos is now accepting submissions for our
upcoming special section "Slavery in the Machine," guest edited by Jessica
Marie Johnson. This special section aims to highlight scholarship situated
at the intersection of technology and hemispheric "
<http://repeatingislands.com/author/ivetteromero/> Call for Submissions: sx
archipelagos issue on “Slavery in the Machine”
<http://repeatingislands.com/2018/02/17/call-for-submissions-sx-archipelagos-issue-on-slavery-in-the-machine/>

*[image: SX-Archipelagos_BW.jpg]
<http://smallaxe.net/sxlive/sx-archipelagos-now-accepting-submissions-slavery-machine>*

*sx archipelagos
<http://smallaxe.net/sxlive/sx-archipelagos-now-accepting-submissions-slavery-machine>*
is now accepting submissions for our upcoming special section "Slavery in
the Machine," guest edited by Jessica Marie Johnson. This special section
aims to highlight scholarship situated at the intersection of technology
and hemispheric American slavery. Topics may include but are not limited to:

   - black code studies through a hemispheric lens
   - plantation societies and the socio-technics of enslavement
   - digital archives of slavery
   - representations of slavery on the open web or social media
   - cultural analytics and slavery

Deadline for abstracts *16 April*
Article submission deadline *16 July*
*​*
sx archipelagos
<https://smallaxe.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b1c186cf2df97cc4e15730454&id=7add15f858&e=f7929ab0e6>
 *is a born-digital articulation of the Small Axe Project. It is a
peer-reviewed publication platform devoted to creative exploration, debate,
and critical thinking about and through digital practices in contemporary
scholarly and artistic work in and on the Caribbean. Given the wide
implications of the “digital turn” for our very conceptions of knowledge,
our mission is to discern the ways in which the digital may enhance and
transform our comprehension of the regional and diasporic Caribbean.* sx
archipelagos *responds to this challenge with three distinct dimensions of
critical production: scholarly essays; digital scholarship projects; and
digital project reviews.*

*Source:* http://smallaxe.net/sxlive/sx-archipelagos-now-accepting-
submissions-slavery-machine

*ivetteromero <http://repeatingislands.com/author/ivetteromero/>* |
February 17, 2018 at 10:32 pm | Tags: Call for Submissions
<http://repeatingislands.com/category/call-for-submissions/>, Slavery in
the Machine <http://repeatingislands.com/tag/slavery-in-the-machine/>,
sx archipelagos <http://repeatingislands.com/tag/sx-archipelagos/> |
Categories: Call for Submissions