[Blackstudies-l] [radcaucus] Our own Barbara Foley in Portside: "Should We Celebrate Karl Marx on his 200th Birthday?"

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Sat May 5 23:56:24 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joseph Ramsey <jgramsey at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, May 5, 2018 at 7:51 PM
Subject: [radcaucus] Our own Barbara Foley in Portside: "Should We
Celebrate Karl Marx on his 200th Birthday?"
To: Marxist Literary Group <mlg-ics at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>, "
radcaucus at googlegroups.com" <radcaucus at googlegroups.com>

Dear comrades,

On this May 5th, the 200th Birthday of Karl Marx, the lasting call for a
"ruthless criticism of all that exists" remains a daily challenge. Likewise
the revolutionary project of bringing a new egalitarian, sustainable,
communist world into being--in part by radically grasping the
contradictions of the existing capitalist one--remains as imperative as
ever.

This short essay from our own dear comrade and friend Barbara Foley,
published in today's *Portside,* concisely reminds us all of how vital
Marx's approach still is in 2018.  Well done!

https://portside.org/2018-05-04/should-we-celebrate-karl-
marx-his-200th-birthday

-Joe