[Blackstudies-l] Updated - Stand With Trans/GNC/Intersex

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Wed Oct 24 06:23:14 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Eunisha Tucker <tuckere at geneseo.edu>
Date: Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Subject: Updated - Stand With Trans/GNC/Intersex
To: Eunisha Tucker <tuckere at geneseo.edu>

Good afternoon,

As I mentioned yesterday, the Trump administration released a memo stating
that they are seeking to legally define gender as a biological, immutable
condition determined by genitalia at birth.

Recognizing how this action will harmfully impact the lives of transgender,
gender nonconforming, and/or intersex individuals, the Office of LGBTQ
Programs and Services will be hosting an event: *Stand With
Trans/GNC/Intersex*. Here, students, faculty, and staff who are a part of
these communities will have the opportunity to share their feelings on the
matter (if comfortable doing so). This event is meant to be a safe space
for any and all transgender, gender nonconforming, and/or intersex
individuals. I also ask that allies attend to show their love, support and
solidarity with these communities.

*Stand With Trans/GNC/Intersex* will be held in the Center for LGBTQ
Student Life, *Sturges 210*, on *October 24* during all-college hour from
*2:30-3:45pm*. The *Trans Support Group *will follow shortly after,
starting at *4pm *in *Sturges 210* as well.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to
email, call, and/or visit me in my office, MCU 348. I am here M-F from
10am-3pm unless otherwise stated.

Thank you,
An ally of the transgender, GNC, and intersex communities

--
*Eunisha Tucker*
Pronouns <https://www.mypronouns.org/>: She/They
585-245-6237 | tuckere at geneseo.edu