[Blackstudies-l] Summer Class in NYC Info Session

Karleen West kwest at geneseo.edu
Wed Apr 24 11:03:51 EDT 2019

Have you ever wondered what it is like to be a voter in a different country? Or been curious why some societies thrive under democracy while others struggle?

Come and learn about an exciting class offered this summer that tackles these questions and more!  PLSC 221 - Democratization is mostly online but with a three day session in Red Hook, Brooklyn in New York City.  While on site, we will conduct original research on local democracy, as well as conduct interviews with recent immigrants to hear about their experience with other forms of democracy. We learn about the techniques and challenges of gathering original data for political science research. Students that participated in the course last year will provide their insights about the experience.

When: Friday, April 26 at 1:30 pm
Where: Fraser 108

Questions? Email Prof. Karleen West at kwest at geneseo.edu <mailto:kwest at geneseo.edu>