[Blackstudies-l] We need student feedback on the finalists for the Africanist in the English Department

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Fri Feb 1 13:53:18 EST 2019

Dear Students:

The English Dept. is hiring an Assistant Professor who specializes in West
African Literatures and Cultures and who will teach Black Studies classes.
We need students to attend an informal meet-and-greet with the candidates
over pastries and coffee at 10am-10.45 am on Thursday 7th February, Tuesday
12th February, and Thursday 14th February at the Big Tree Inn. You'd get to
hear about what the candidates are working on, tell them about what you're
working on and your experience of Geneseo, and ask questions about Black
Studies/African literatures and cultures/ etc. We'd also use your feedback
to help us decide between the candidates (it's ideal if you can attend all
three, but fine if you can only attend one).

If you are free and interested, please contact, Lytton Smith, chair of the
hiring committee, at smithlj at geneseo.edu by Tuesday 5th February.

All best,

Lytton
--
Dr. Lytton Smith

Director, Center for Integrative Learning, Doty 303C (Tues/Wed/Thurs. p.m.)
Associate Professor of English and Creative Writing, Welles 230
Interim Director of Creative Writing / Black Studies Faculty / Geneseo
Literary Forum Coordinator

For a list of Geneseo Allies for Social Justice and Diversity, visit
http://bit.ly/2fQrRne.