[Blackstudies-l] REPORT & PRESS UPDATE Black female Professors research***

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Mon Feb 4 07:39:10 EST 2019

My friend at Goldsmiths has just shared this news, knowing I'd be very
interested.
  I'm wondering about similar data in the U.S.
------------------------------

The embargo has now lifted and I share a copy of the report and other
relevant information for your records and to share with colleagues,
newsletters, social media fora.

Please use the hashtag #BlackfemaleProfs for social media.

*Report:*
http://www.ucu.org.uk/media/10075/staying-power/pdf/ucu_rollock_february_2019.pdf

*Press coverage as of 9am:*

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/feb/04/black-female-professors-report

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/black-women-female-academics-professor-bullying-stereotyping-university-college-union-a8761091.html

https://www.fenews.co.uk/fevoices/25099-bullying-and-stereotyping-blocking-professorial-path-for-female-black-professors-in-uk-universities

*Goldsmiths video:*

https://www.gold.ac.uk/news/professors-study/
<https://www.gold.ac.uk/news/professors-study/>
Black female academics ‘face racism and bullying’ on path to professorships
| Goldsmiths, University of London - gold.ac.uk
<https://www.gold.ac.uk/news/professors-study/>
www.gold.ac.uk
Report author Dr Nicola Rollock. For the study Dr Nicola Rollock examined,
through one-to-one interviews, the experiences of 20 of the 25 Black female
Professors in the UK (Black in this context refers to those of African,
Caribbean and other Black background).
I hope I have been able to do justice to your experiences and thank you
once again for taking the time to speak with me,
In strength
Nicola

*Dr Nicola Rollock*
Reader in Equity & Education | Editor, Whiteness & Education | Twitter:
@NicolaRollock
Department of Educational Studies | Goldsmiths, University of London | New
Cross, London | SE14 6DW

****Recent publications****
Gillborn, D., Dixson, A.D, Ladson-Billings, G., Parker, L., Rollock, N. &
Warmington, P. (2018) (Eds.) *Critical Race Theory in Education* (4 Vol
set), Major themes in education series, London & New York: Routledge
https://www.crcpress.com/Critical-Race-Theory-in-Education-4-vol-set/Gillborn-Dixson-Ladson-Billings-Parker-Rollock-Warmington/p/book/9781138848276

Rollock, N. (2018) A hostile environment?, *News Editorial*, British
Sociological Association
https://www.britsoc.co.uk/about/latest-news/2018/may/a-hostile-environment/