[Blackstudies-l] Open Application (Starting February 1) & Information Sessions for McNair Scholars Program

Melanie Medeiros medeiros at geneseo.edu
Fri Jan 25 10:12:01 EST 2019

Greetings,

Welcome back! I hope this email finds you well, warm, and ready to tackle
on the spring semester!

*CALLING SOPHOMORES AND JUNIORS!*

The McNair Scholars Program, a program designed to help prepare low-income,
first-generation and underrepresented students for graduate education, will
open up its application next Friday, February 1! The application deadline
is March 1!

If you are interested in learning about the McNair Scholars Program, please
attend one of the information sessions below. All information sessions will
be held in Sturges Hall, Room 122B. You can also contact the program
coordinator, Mr. Miguel Baique (baique at geneseo.edu), the program director,
Ms. Diedre DeBose (debose at geneseo.edu) or email mcnair at geneseo.edu with any
questions!

   - 1st Information Session: Thursday, February 7, 2019 from 4:30-5:30
   p.m. (You can RSVP
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/144XL1xfbLRWP0k5Wxa5lza8tjFZWHLVxEqHyomGcwZQ/viewform?edit_requested=true>
    now!)
   - 2nd Information Session: Thursday, February 14, 2019 from 2:30-3:30
   p.m.
   - 3rd Information Session: Thursday, February 21, 2019 from 4:30-5:30
   p.m.
   - Final Information Session: Thursday, February 28, 2019 from 4:30-5:30
   p.m.

The McNair program purposefully holds seats for low-income,
first-generation, and underrepresented students. Our mission is to help you
succeed beyond your bachelor’s degree!

Learn more about the McNair program by visiting geneseo.edu/mcnair.

We hope to hear from you!

--
Mr. Miguel Baique
Program Coordinator