[Blackstudies-l] Fwd: Discover UChicago: Expenses-Paid Visit Program Application Now Open

Justin Behrend behrend at geneseo.edu
Wed Apr 8 11:45:12 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Camille Reynolds, Diversity Recruitment Coordinator <
creynolds3 at uchicago.edu>
Date: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:22 AM
Subject: Discover UChicago: Expenses-Paid Visit Program Application Now Open
To: <behrend at geneseo.edu>

Dear Colleague,

We hope that this message finds you safe and well. Although much
uncertainty surrounds the coming months, we write to let you know that the
application is now open for our *Discover UChicago* visit program this
fall. This annual event is an expenses-paid visit weekend to be held
November 8-10, 2020 for candidates traditionally underrepresented in their
fields. This program is intended for individuals planning to apply to
graduate school in the fall of 2020 with the intention of matriculating in
the fall of 2021. This exciting event combines workshops on applying to
graduate school, meetings with faculty, and opportunities to connect with
current UChicago students, as well as to explore our community and the city
of Chicago.

Students interested in doctoral programs, as well as master’s programs in
the majority of our schools and divisions, are encouraged to apply online
by *August 17, 2020*. In particular, students from underrepresented
backgrounds, first generation students, women in STEM fields, and
undocumented students are invited to apply. A full list of participating
programs, as well as application requirements and additional guidance, may
be found at *grad.uchicago.edu/admissions/discover/
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/CgE/jM0HAA/t.30r/81r9_YhTSYGmwC2eHsehvg/h0/ki9DxXphZB8hU7juRtJjh6WGzDM1sHruRx8jzCS-2FtPCbl6TYe5fL054no63r2So-2B/0Tli>*
.

The University of Chicago is committed to the everyone's health and
well-being. While we are looking forward to Discover UChicago 2020 and are
moving forward with this year's event, we will continue to monitor public
health updates around COVID-19, including the review of federal guidance
around domestic travel and adhering to University policies on hosting large
gatherings. Our office will stay in communication with all applicants with
updates to the event as more information becomes available in the autumn.

We hope you will share this information with your students and encourage
them to *Discover UChicago*. Any questions may be directed to our
office at *gradadmissions at uchicago.edu
<gradadmissions at uchicago.edu?subject=Discover%20UChicago%20Inquiry>*.

Sincerely,

Camille Reynolds
Diversity Recruitment Coordinator
Graduate Enrollment Initiatives
UChicagoGRAD, Office of the Provost
The University of Chicago

This email was sent to behrend at geneseo.edu by Camille Reynolds, Diversity
Recruitment Coordinator.
Unsubscribe
<https://mx.technolutions.net/mps2/c/CgE/jM0HAA/t.30r/81r9_YhTSYGmwC2eHsehvg/h1/sqG-2BywipoNQl3BJtVLwfW0unjQyzBgUWCRASw9LvOEfqvai94bpbc802dkbJfKrvFQNcwBM1-2FAnpK548x-2FM3v6KYR6r2W69vZur8gp-2Fcl4RKK2-2BJwnrY3YcQDGIMWvbk/vRPG>
from The University of Chicago.

--
Justin Behrend, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair of the History Department