[Blackstudies-l] Definitely a book our library should purchase...

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Fri Dec 18 11:45:17 EST 2020

https://lithub.com/how-the-specter-of-islam-fueled-european-colonization-in-the-americas/

[image: Alan Mikhail] <https://lithub.com/author/alanmikhail/>
Alan Mikhail <https://lithub.com/author/alanmikhail/>A leading historian of
his generation, Alan Mikhail, professor of history and chair of the
Department of History at Yale University, has reforged our understandings
of the past through his previous three prize-winning books on the history
of the Middle East. In writing God’s Shadow, he has drawn on Ottoman
Turkish, modern Turkish, Arabic, Spanish, Italian, and French sources. He
lives in New York and New Haven, Connecticut.