[Blackstudies-l] How to Argue with a Racist by Adam Rutherford review – how genetics can combat prejudice

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Sun Feb 2 06:49:42 EST 2020

just sent this review to my HUMN students... the Psychology majors seem
most attached to the concept of innate differences... I'm going to ask
Milne to purchase this book.

"If we accept that people are born with different innate capabilities and
potential, then how these abilities cluster within and between populations
has more to do with history and culture than DNA and biology. Studies
reveal that genetic differences between populations do not account for
differences in academic, intellectual, musical or sporting performance
between those populations."

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jan/30/how-to-argue-with-a-racist-adam-rutherford-review?CMP=share_btn_link

10