[Blackstudies-l] Fwd: Poetry videos / Black Artists on 'We Transfer'/ Small Island - last viewing date - 25 June

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Wed Jun 17 20:01:39 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kadija George <kadijageorge at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 7:15 PM
Subject: Poetry videos / Black Artists on 'We Transfer'/ Small Island -
last viewing date - 25 June
To: Kadija George <inscribewriters at gmail.com>

*POETRY VIDEOS*

*African Poets read  Heavensgate by Christopher Okigbs*
 Heavensgate.mp4
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1byRje1J7523eLvkon37lgPMVp3u_BoIv/view?usp=drive_web>

*African Poets read When the Lights Go Out by Mongane Wally Serote*
https://youtu.be/3c7w9kDJ2Y8

*Black Poets Speak Out*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrINnw17Yc

*Michael ampbell reads 'Maroon' from the Filigree anthology*
https://youtu.be/DkT1aOKdCXw

*Utilising online platforms to showcase artists on the We Transfer Home
Page*

https://wepresent.wetransfer.com/story/pamela-phatsimo-sunstrum/

https://wepresent.wetransfer.com/story/esiri-erheriene-essi/

*On the 62nd anniversary of Things Fall Apart, a conversation between
Achebe, Soyinka and Nkosi*

https://lithub.com/watch-this-1964-conversation-between-chinua-achebe-lewis-nkosi-and-wole-soyinka/

*Small Islan**d **based on the novel by Andrea Levy*

adapted by Helen Edmundson

>From 7pm on 18 June to 25 June
Running Time: 2 hours 55 minutes including a short interval
Free to watch at home, donations accepted
https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/nt-at-home-small-island

Please check out my channel for other videos.  If you subscribe,
you'll be notified when new ones are uploaded. I'll be uploading them when
I can!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRAs1ULQIerE5K03XrHP-nw

Please continue to stay safe

Kadija

--

*Kadija George - Kluge Fellow - Library of Congress
<https://www.loc.gov/programs/john-w-kluge-center/scholars-in-residence/past-resident-scholars/>

*Arts can save children, no matter what's going on in their homes. Afeni
Shakur*