[Blackstudies-l] Fwd: H-Net: Two New Resources for Scholars Affected by the Coronavirus

Olaocha Nwabara onwabara at geneseo.edu
Tue Mar 17 11:35:48 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: H-Net Notifications <drupaladmin at mail.h-net.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 1:08 AM
Subject: H-Net: Two New Resources for Scholars Affected by the Coronavirus
To: onwabara at geneseo.edu <onwabara at geneseo.edu>

Greetings Olaocha Nwabara,
A new item has been posted in H-Net.
Two New Resources for Scholars Affected by the Coronavirus
<https://networks.h-net.org/user/login?destination=node/6016984>
by Jesse Draper - Interim Executive Director

Dear H-Net Subscribers,

The far-reaching effects of social distancing and other measures designed
to flatten the curve of the spread of COVID-19 have left many of us
scrambling to create online teacing materials or robbed of opportunities to
share our work with our peers at conferences. To help on both fronts, H-Net
has created two new repositories:

*Resources for Teaching Online
<https://networks.h-net.org/teaching-online-resources>* is designed to be a
space where we can share resources with each other about how to repurpose
face-to-face course materials in an online format. For many, this will be
their first online teaching experience. For others who may have previously
taught online, it is still quite disruptive to be forced to repurpose
face-to-face teaching materials so quickly. It is our hope that the H-Net
Community can come together and crowdsource resources for each other in
these difficult times.

*Remote Conference Presentations
<https://networks.h-net.org/canceled-conference-presentation-repository>*
is a space created to give scholars an opportunity to share papers or
presentations that were intended for now-canceled conferences. Sharing our
work and receiving feedback from our peers is an important part of our
professional development as scholars. We hope this provides many of you
with that opportunity.

As with all content on the H-Net Commons, intentional use of *Categories*
and *Keywords* will help us keep this content organized and easy to
navigate. Please reach out to us if you need assistance with any of our
services: *help at mail.h-net.org <help at mail.h-net.org>*

*Take care and please take these social distancing precautions seriously.
We can all contribute to slowing the spead of this virus.*

All the best,

draperje at mail.h-net.org

(517) 884-5967

   - Read more or reply
   <https://networks.h-net.org/user/login?destination=node/6016984>

[image: H-Net] Please help us keep H-Net free and accessible. $25 from each
of our subscribers would fund H-Net for two years. Click here
<https://networks.h-net.org/support-h-net> to make a tax-deductible
donation online.

Contact the Help Desk: help at mail.h-net.org.
Manage notification settings by visiting *My Profile > Notifications* on
the Commons <https://networks.h-net.org/>.
[image: H-Net on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/HNet_Humanities> [image:
H-Net on Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/humanities.socialsciences.online>