[Blackstudies-l] Webinar: Covid-19, Racism, and Necropolitics in Brazil

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Fri May 29 21:46:48 EDT 2020

David Tamarin sent me this:

*From:* Roni Wine <democracybrazil at gmail.com>
*Date:* May 29, 2020 at 4:40:23 PM EDT
*To:* <tamarin at geneseo.edu>
*Subject:* *Webinar: Covid-19, Racism, and Necropolitics in Brazil*
*Reply-To:* <democracybrazil at gmail.com>

Join us for a webinar on the impact of Covid-19 on Afro-Brazilian
communities on June 2nd, 3pm EST live on our Facebook page.
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/4b31cd8474c5/webinarcovid-19-racism-and-necropolitics-in-brazil?e=5a146cbfd5>
Covid-19, Racism, and Necropolitics in Brazil
Dear friends of the U.S Network for Democracy in Brazil,

The USNDB is glad to let you know that we will host *"Covid-19, Racism, and
Necropolitics in Brazil,"* a webinar *live-streamed on our Facebook page
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=b2c9e8a471&e=5a146cbfd5>*.
The event, a conversation on the impact of Covid-19 on Afro-Brazilian
communities, will happen on *Tuesday, June 2nd, 3pm EST*.

Several members of the USNDB will take part in the Network, besides other
leading scholars:

*Moderator: *
Gladys Mitchell-Walthour, National Co-coordinator of the USNDB, Associate
Professor of Public Policy and Political Economy, University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee

*Panellists:*
Dalila Negreiros, PhD Student, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and USNDB
Kia Caldwell, Professor of African, African American, and Diaspora Studies,
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and USNDB
Sharrelle Barber, ScD, MPHSocial Epidemiologist and Assistant Research
Professor, Drexel University and USDNB
Felipe Freitas, Professor of Law, University of Brasilia
Emanuelle Goés, Postdoctoral Fellow, CIDACS-Fiocruz

*Interpreter: *
Gregory Morton, Assistant Professor at Bard College and USNDB

To access the webinar, please log in to your Facebook account at the time
of the event and search for our *Facebook page
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=6b93ad4294&e=5a146cbfd5>*
.

Best regards,

Roni Wine
Brown University
U.S Network for Democracy in Brazil

[image: Twitter]
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=681169f6d8&e=5a146cbfd5>
[image: Facebook]
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=825394b61f&e=5a146cbfd5>
[image: Website] <http://democracybrazil.org>
You can update your preferences
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/profile?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=e8fe17e833&e=5a146cbfd5>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=e8fe17e833&e=5a146cbfd5&c=3d8460a8a7>.

This email was sent to tamarin at geneseo.edu
*why did I get this?*
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/about?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=e8fe17e833&e=5a146cbfd5&c=3d8460a8a7>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=e8fe17e833&e=5a146cbfd5&c=3d8460a8a7>
    update subscription preferences
<https://democracybrazil.us19.list-manage.com/profile?u=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&id=e8fe17e833&e=5a146cbfd5>
U.S Network for Democracy in Brazil · 59 Charlesfield Street · Providence,
RI 02906-4485 · USA

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=516db067f0bfd21b52864f3d4&afl=1>