[Blackstudies-l] GOLD WORKSHOP: Your Legal Rights as a Victim of Discrimination at Work

Maria Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Thu Nov 12 12:49:05 EST 2020

Good afternoon -

I'm hoping you could help me spread the word to students about a GOLD
workshop I'm leading over Zoom on Wednesday, November 18th from 4:40 to
5:30 pm entitled:

*Your Legal Rights as a Victim of Discrimination at Work*

It's being sponsored by the School of Business and our student chapter of
the Society for Human Resource Management.

Here's a registration link for students:

 link:
https://www.geneseo.edu/gold/app/browse?q=Legal+Rights&level_filter=&series_filter=

And a copy of the GOLD program announcement:                    Thanks!  Jim

Your Legal Rights as a Victim of Discrimination at Work

A 2019 Harris survey found that over 61 percent of US employees have
experienced or witnessed workplace discrimination based on race, gender,
LGBTQ+ status, or age. So, the chances are good that when you enter the
full time workforce you will too. - What should you do when you are the
victim of discrimination? - Or when you witness a co-worker being
victimized? - Should you report the misconduct? If so, how? - How do you go
about bringing a legal claim? - Suppose your employer blames you and
retaliates? We will briefly discuss the answers to these and related
issues, and there will be ample time for questions. About the workshop
instructor: Jim Quinn joined the School of Business faculty in 2013 after
practicing mostly corporate and business law for over 30 years. He teaches
Business Law, Employment Law and Internet Law. In Spring 2021 he will be
teaching *Anti-Discrimination Law and Its Impact on Business and Society,*
a three-credit course with no prereqs, open to all sophomores, juniors and
seniors, regardless of major.

Wed. Nov 18, 2020
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Virtual Workshop: A link to this workshop will appear 15-minutes prior to
the start of this workshop.

Instructor(s):
Jim Quinn - Lecturer, School of Business
Series: Business PD Event

200 seats for this workshop.