[Blackstudies-l] never too late for Brazil

Maria Helena Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Sun Aug 15 09:50:55 EDT 2021

https://artreview.com/the-burning-of-a-bandit-brazil-enters-the-statue-wars/?s=03

I remember learning about "bandeirantes e pioneiros" at school, how
necessary they were to the country's expansion.
It's time for a different story to be told.  I wonder when the equivalent
to the 1619 Project will be attempted in Brazil...
Gerda Lerner has always been  right: "we only ask of the past the questions
that need answers in the present" (paraphrased from
*the Creation of Patriarchy*'s Introduction).