[Blackstudies-l] Announcing 'The 1619 Project' Education Network Members

Maria Helena Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Wed Jul 21 16:23:38 EDT 2021

The latest reporting and lesson ideas from the Pulitzer Center
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=98daa20ccc&e=f8216b8e89>
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=67a7d88bd0&e=f8216b8e89>
*Meet the Members of The 1619 Project Education Network*
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=cb42006fac&e=f8216b8e89>

We are so excited to announce our newest partners in our mission to
cultivate a more curious, informed, empathetic, and engaged public through
educational programming and resources.

Forty-two teams of educators from 22 states across the U.S. have been
selected to form the inaugural cohort of *The 1619 Project* Education
Network. These teams will collaborate with one another, award-winning
journalists, noted historians, and the Pulitzer Center education team to
create, teach, and publish curricular resources that use *The 1619 Project *to
foster student engagement with underreported stories on racial justice and
media literacy skills. Network members teach elementary to high school
students as well as adults in carceral facilities. Their content areas
include history, economics, art, and food sciences.

We can’t wait to share these teams’ wide-ranging curricula with you,
starting in spring 2022. Learn more about our network teams and the
communities they serve here!
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=f49f0e954b&e=f8216b8e89>

<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=e396adf802&e=f8216b8e89>
Workshop Series for Educators: Elevating Underreported Stories of
Resilience
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=a691aa8bc2&e=f8216b8e89>
*July 21-23
| *Register here!
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=57eca5f2de&e=f8216b8e89>
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=1f96599fec&e=f8216b8e89>
*Join our Facebook Group
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=c663e4eb2c&e=f8216b8e89>
to connect with our amazing group of global educators!*
*MORE FROM PULITZER CENTER EDUCATION*

*EDUCATION CALENDAR*

*Workshops for Educators: Elevating Underreported Stories of Resilience in
the Classroom through Global News and Media Literacy*
*Wednesday, July 21–Friday, July 23*
Join the Pulitzer Center and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee for an
engaging webinar and workshop series introducing methods for diversifying
and analyzing news and media sources from a human rights and social justice
lens, and will introduce practical strategies, tools, and resources to
seamlessly incorporate this topic into your current curriculum. Register
here!
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=a5a29b9b7c&e=f8216b8e89>
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=89cb07fd27&e=f8216b8e89>
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=29cdc356e9&e=f8216b8e89>
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=f78ab082b7&e=f8216b8e89>
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=51ced9b0a2&e=f8216b8e89>
<education at pulitzercenter.org>
The Pulitzer Center's Education Program
<https://pulitzercenter.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1e0daa892d0fd84e520a9c9af&id=e6c830cc90&e=f8216b8e89>
provides
students with fresh information on global issues, helps them think
critically about the creation and dissemination of news, and inspires them
to become active consumers and producers of information. The program brings
journalists to classrooms across the country to introduce critical
underreported global issues to students.
*Our mailing address is:*
1779 Massachusetts Ave NW
Suite 615
Washington, D.C.