[Blackstudies-l] MY NAME IS PAULI MURRAY at the Little Theatre

Maria Helena Lima lima at geneseo.edu
Sat Sep 25 12:26:41 EDT 2021

MY NAME IS PAULI MURRAYPG-13 / 2021 / 91 minutes
Get Tickets <https://thelittle.easy-ware-ticketing.com/events>
ShowtimesFriday, September 24

3:45pm • 7:15pm
Saturday, September 25

12:30pm • 3:45pm • 7:15pm
Sunday, September 26

12:30pm • 3:45pm • 7:15pm
Wednesday, September 29

7:15pm
Thursday, September 30

7:15pm
Synopsis

Fifteen years before Rosa Parks refused to surrender her bus seat, a full
decade before the U.S. Supreme Court overturned separate-but-equal
legislation, Pauli Murray was already knee-deep fighting for social
justice. A pioneering attorney, activist, priest and dedicated memoirist,
Murray shaped landmark litigation–and consciousness–around race and gender
equity. As an African American youth raised in the segregated South–who was
also wrestling with broader notions of gender identity–Pauli understood,
intrinsically, what it was to exist beyond previously accepted categories
and cultural norms. Both Pauli’s personal path and tireless advocacy
foreshadowed some of the most politically consequential issues of our time.
Told largely in Pauli’s own words, My Name is Pauli Murray is a candid
recounting of that unique and extraordinary journey.
Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3u98p8PDlc