[Faculty-L] reminder: open faculty/staff SZ Thurs Aug 23rd

Alice Rutkowski rutkowsk at geneseo.edu
Wed Aug 8 14:03:26 EDT 2018

hello all,
Since the calendar is showing August, just a reminder that our first open
faculty/staff Safe Zone of the 2018-19 academic year is approaching and
there still are spots remaining.

The three hour workshop will take place the day *before* the Day of
Obligation in August. It's Thursday, August 23, 9:30-12:30 in Milne 213.
The facilitators will be faculty member Amanda Roth (Philosophy) and
student Hannah Fahy.

You can RSVP (which is required) here:
https://goo.gl/forms/u0vdPRlfDAOzLUTC3

We will offer a second open faculty/staff training at some point in the
fall semester, but the date is TBD. A reminder - if you have a group of six
or more and would like to complete the training at a time convenient for
your group, you can always request a training (we can even do it in two
90-minute chunks if that's more convenient!):
https://goo.gl/forms/wR2iLZx0IMUmzD682

In case you're not familiar with Safe Zone, it's a 3-hour workshop that's
meant to familiarize participants with the basics of LGBTQ identities,
offer specific strategies on how to be a better ally, and always includes a
detailed explanation of resources available on campus so faculty and other
professionals on campus can refer students who might need assistance. After
completing the training, participants will receive a sticker that
identifies that person as an ally willing to listen and refer.

Thanks for your attention & be sure to let me know if you have any
questions,
Alice

--
Alice Rutkowski