Two insights on teaching computer programming

Henderson Peter phenders at butler.edu
Tue Jan 3 12:53:37 EST 2006

Another key factor impacting the students views of, and reactions to, a
course is the individual instructor.  To be considered a succes a model
for a course should be taught effectively by a wide varietly of
instructors at different institutions for the intended student audience.

Matthias model has passed this test and Peter's model is making good
progress.  However, the student audiences are different - novice vs second
year college.  It ould be very interesting to study the impact of the
sequencing these two approaches.

Thanks for this interesting thread.  Good way to end one year and start
the next.

Pete